Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sooo I started writing this awhile ago - tell me what ya'll think now :D

Here's is a trial run of a short story that I started writing before I moved again lol. I've settled down again (supposedly hehe) So my writing state of mind seems to have returned for the moment. Just a warning to u wonderful writers out there who know so much more then me haha. But pleeeeaseee feel free to tell me whats messed up here and what should be fixed. Just dont expect too much lol.
No pics 2day - my normal subject is in ohio - so I can't capture her sweet smiling face! Sniff sniff. I miss her and sam so much! :D Anyways - thats all for now! Comment please :D ......


“Are you crazy!”
Courtney turned to face her friend, and mentally prepared herself for the tirade that was sure to follow. “What’s wrong Rach?”
“You’re going to waltz off to Africa, and still have the guts to ask me what’s wrong?” She flung her car keys on the table, and pulled her sun glasses off. “Court, do you realize how much pain you are putting everyone through?”
“This is what I have always wanted to do Rachel!“ Courtney ran a shaky hand through her hair, and tucked a strand behind one ear. “You know that I’ve always wanted to be a missionary.”
“Yeah, but not by yourself!” Rachel grabbed Courtney’s arm and propelled her towards the couch. “What are you thinking? Going on a whim again, trying to get yourself killed?”
“Ha, very funny!” Courtney playfully punched her friend on the arm, “Come on Rachel! You need to settle down, everything’s gonna be fine.”
“Right.” Rachel shifted on the couch, and pulled on her shirt sleeve. “That’s easy for you to say. I’m the one who has to sit here and wait for you come home.”
“Come with me then!” Courtney stood up, “Seriously Rachel, I probably could get you a flight, why don’t you come on the trip?”
“Some people have jobs and a real life! Obviously I can’t go running off to Africa whenever I want to.” She stood up, and brushed at imaginary wrinkles in her skirt. “You are living in a world that doesn’t exist Court. All this “Jesus makes everything better stuff” just doesn’t work.” She slipped her sunglasses into place to hide the hurt in her eyes and gently squeezed her friend‘s arm. “See ya in a few weeks.”
***********

"Man, you'd think life would get better eventually!" Rachel kicked the table leg and grabbed her big toe, wincing at the pain that shot through her foot. Life never made any sense, and she was sick of trying to figure it out. "Why am I even alive?" She whispered, trying to choke back the sobs that threatened to surface. "My life has no meaning, I exist, and what for?"
She grabbed her pillow and hugged it against her chest, wishing that the ache in her heart would go away. The tinny sounds of Sweet Home Alabama filled the room and she groped around the bed for her cell phone. She flipped it open, and snapped "Rachel speaking." into the mouthpiece.
"Yes Rachel, this is your boss. Can I ask why you aren't at work?" She blew a strand of hair away from her eyes, and glanced up at the clock, her eyes widening when she saw the time. "Oh my gosh Adam! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize what time it was, I'll be right over." She ended the call and jumped up, her hands tearing wildly at the ponytail in her hair. The life she had planned since she was eleven just wasn't panning out. This was never how she pictured things, she was supposed to be a fashion designer who made money and didn't have a care in life. Now it just seemed that everyone was leaving her behind.

*************

"Glad to see that you finally showed up 'Your Highness'. We were starting to worry." The blonde flipped her hair over her shoulder and gave Rachel a haughty smile. "How important do u think you are?"
Rachel rubbed her aching forehead and tried to ignore the girl's jib. "Can you tell me where Adam is please?"
"Upstairs, where you were supposed to be right now."
Rachel ignored the comment and hurried up the stairs two at a time, hoping that she wasn't gonna get an earful from her boss.
"Hey Adam, I'm here!" She tapped on the door, and swung it open, trying to get her composure and act normal. "You want me to get that new model, she's in Bob's office."
"Just a sec Rachel." Adam closed his laptop, and came around the desk, his eyes taking in her messy hair and wrinkled shirt. "What's going on?"
"Nothing!" Her fingernails dug into her palm, and she made herself met his eyes. "I'm fine Adam, I've had a lot of stress lately."
"Well please don't bring your personal life to work Rachel. We have enough problems as it is." He gave her a cold, professional smile, and nodded toward the door. "Please bring in the model now."
She closed the door with a slam before she got the urge to slap the nitwit across the face. It seemed like no one understood her anymore, and where was Courtney when she needed her?

6 comments:

juli said...

Wow Sar!I'm impressed! It sounded great to me!

LizAnnQ said...

Awww...you FINALLY finished this one! :) I LOVE IT! You are going to write more about it aren't you? You're awesome girly...keep it up! I love you!!!
mabel
<3

Arianna said...

I like it, Sar :) You should definitely finish it! :)

Amy said...

This is making me want the rest of it Sar!What happens?? it's excellent! Amy

Sar said...

Yeah I haven't written anything else on this story yet :( I do want to - but i'm still not sure when i'll be able to finish it! u still at Michelle's house? hopefully see u soon! love ya :D

Pat said...

WOW sar your such a smart one!this is awesome!